Friday, November 20, 2020

Ride the Waves of Change, Part One of Three

 

Emerging Prepared with a Plan in a Post Pandemic Economy

Unfortunately, I don't have a crystal ball that will predict the future, but one thing I do know for sure is that things will never be the way they were pre-Covid 19.

If you're one of those people waiting for the old economy to return or bounce back, then you're in for a rude awakening, because it's not going to happen.

I'm guessing that most people don't want to entertain the idea that they could be out of business in a matter of months. To be put out of business because of an invisible predator that has spanned the globe and disrupted peoples' lives and the global economy, just seems unfathomable.

I did a financial assessment of how long I could sustain my current standard of living. For some reason I felt okay knowing that I could get to a certain period. But it occurred to me that I wasn't allowing myself to think about what would happen when I did run out of savings. I needed to have the internal conversation, what would happen if I could no longer maintain my business?

The AHA Moment –  I've Been Here Before

When I did finally go there, I had a major AHA moment. Remembering that I've been here before and I had the resilience to bounce back and come out the other side, reassures me that I can do this again if necessary.

Every company or business owner will need to figure out what is best for them post-pandemic. Maybe you haven't even begun to think this far ahead. Maybe you have, yet still have no idea of what you'll do when we all resurface in this new c-economy (covid-economy).

Instead of waiting for circumstances to dictate what will happen, I view myself as a surfer who needs to be out there in the blue ocean, judging, calculating, waiting for just the right wave to jump onto and ride through the barrel all the way to the beach.

This time I'll be ready to ride on top of the wave instead of finding myself being tossed around in the surf and not knowing which way is up.

Pamela Wigglesworth, CSP in an international entrepreneurship coach, speaker and CEO of Experiential Hands-on Learning. Residing in Asia for over 20 years, she is The 50-60 Something ™ Start-up Entrepreneur and supports encore entrepreneurs in their business development and growth. To learn more about Pamela, visit the Experiential website at http://www.experiential.sg or email her at courses@experiential.sg  Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/P_Lorraine_Wigglesworth/969794

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Improvised SEO Tips to Implement in 2021, Part Two

  Besides monitoring your site metrics with tools like Google Analytics and maintaining fresh engaging content, as we discussed in Part One,...